Wednesday, November 14, 2007

 

Long posting...

Ok, so I am anticipating that this may be a long post, as it has been a while (i have been flat stick) so for your convienience I have broken it into segments...(Im not 100% convinced that anyone reads this, sometimes I think I am my own audience!)

Training, Racing and all that jazz..

Well I have raced my first race in a couple of years (well since I fell off my bike in the syd to wollongong last year) and it went ok. By ok, I mean, I put in very little effort as it turns out, and got to the end without sweating or breathing hard, maybe I didnt work hard enough. It was the womens breast cancer event at Homebush on the 20th Oct. It was pretty short, but the longest distance they offered which was 350/9/3. The swim went well with me coming 2 in my wave of 10, except that my arm cramped about 250m in which meant that there was a chunk of breaststroke which wasnt great, but never mind. Am taking this with a grain of salt considering that I had only been given the ok to swim about 2 weeks before the race, so obviously hadnt put nearly enough training in. The bike was a 3k loop on a paved walkway (not ideal under the tyres) but managed it pretty quickly, the run was just bad as always (i hate the run) and walked when I probably didnt need to cause I was being lazy. I also managed to tip a cup of gatorade over my head when I asked the guy if it was water and he said yes, and it wasnt. It was a little offputting to say the least. So I think i did it in about 50mins. Not awesome, but a nice lead back into racing.

Training has been going ok, I have been putting in some serious hill training in prep for the camden haven tri (knowing that the hills are a bit nasty when you are tired), and have been trying to get a couple of training sessions in a day. Am up to about 1k in the pool at the moment, although it is still a bit painful I am getting there. Pretty pumped about having a couple of weeks off during chrissy so I can get the bike out on some of those quiet country roads up the coast!
One of the guys I know is also trying to convince me to do some road racing on the bike that I am almost considering given that I am not getting any better at this tri business and i am not too bad on the bike (its all relative mind you).

Life, Work, Uni and the rest
I have been incredibly busy with finishing up my coursework for my degree (dont get too excited I still have to write a thesis and do 2 placements) but that has been a bit hectic. In addition to this, work has been flat out but on the upside, I am heading to NZ for a couple of weeks before christmas for work, and then camping for most of Jan which will be awesome!
I am struggling to be a consistent friend at the moment between uni, work, travelling up and down the freeway and trying to train as well. I was going to be aiming to train 2 hrs per day at this time of year, but it just cant happen. At the moment, I am in the middle of the north west of nsw on a regional trip and training ops are limited, with mostly running being the thing that can be done.
Enough about me, how have you been?

Comments:
I'm Ok thanks :)

Great to hear from you again. But I've been just as much out of the picture too. Hope we get to catch up properly at Camden Haven this year!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?